Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Seven Nation Army

Fun Fact of the Day: Jack White has said in interviews that "Seven Nation Army" is what he used to call the Salvation Army when he was little. And fantastic segue, I bought this military-style jacket while thrifting this summer! (It took me ten minutes to write that out the way it sounded in my head and the pun still didn't work. Phooey.) I hate buying clothes that I can't wear for months because it feels like I'm adopting a puppy only to take him home and not play with him until September. Too dramatic? Maybe.


Can't believe it's already, what, the last week of September? This month has been a whirlwind of doing stuff, maxing out my credit card to pay for textbooks (sad forever), and generally doubting that I'll ever, ever graduate from school. The usual. And then I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks and really soaked in the fact that this will be my life for the next nine months or so. Except around Christmas, I get to drink Peppermint Lattes instead.

And so, I'm developing my own school uniform - mainly skirts, leggings/pantyhose, and over-sized tops. Is it weird that I really don't like how pants look on me anymore? This striped sweater that I bought at H&M a few years ago has been my go-to, because it goes with everything. I'm also leaning away from a lot of colour, which is new. I used to never wear any black, or own any for that matter. Look guys, I'm getting all mature!

Also, yes, that is Michelle's shadow of her taking a picture of me being introspective while she takes my picture next to a school portable wall. Just so we're clear.


Also, I love these shoes. They are so comfy and make my legs look long and stuff. Old Navy is a great alternative to Forever 21 for cheap, trendy shoes. And that's my final thought.

Happy Tuesday! 

Outfit Details:
Military Jacket - Thrifted (Size: L)
Striped Sweater - H&M
Skirt - H&M (Size: 10)
Leggings - Costco
Wedges - Old Navy
Earrings - Aldo Accessories

This brick, normally used to hold down my barbeque cover doubled as Michelle's photographer's stool.

No comments:

Post a Comment