Thursday, March 28, 2013

Friday Favourites - March 29, 2013

Yay! My first Friday Favourites in a while! Let me show you all the fruits of my hardcore Internet lurking and procrastination. I have to be honest - dressing up and clothing shopping has been touchy for me lately, so I hope you'll enjoy the fun things I've been watching/doing/nom-ing.

Favourite YouTuber of the Moment: The Readables
I stumbled onto this adorable YouTube channel on a late night of bored scrolling. Priscilla is personable and charming in her videos, and her love of reading and talking about books really comes through. Plus I mostly sit and envy her massive book collection and ability to prioritize things in her life to actually read from said massive collection.

Fortune Cookie Soap - Soap Box 
I first heard about Fortune Cookie Soap while watching a video by icallitambrosia's (better known on Tumblr as 87daysbefore) unboxing video for the Spring Soap Box. The soap boxes are sent once per season, and are filled with various bath and body products with quirky names and awesome smells. They ship internationally, and each box also includes a $10 voucher for future purchases.
My favourites from the Spring box I received a few weeks ago are the robin's egg shaped "Birds and the Bees" Bath Fizzy and the "I Wet My Plants" spray lotion. Plus I just like getting fun stuff in the mail.

Zucchini Noodles and Meatballs (via Nom Nom Paleo)
I am a sucker for spaghetti and meatballs - living in a predominantly Italian neighbourhood for most of my life has really had a role in influencing my tastebuds. Anywho, I've been trying to creatively slip more veggies into my meals, and this looks delicious! I'm also excited to try a cauliflower crust pizza that I stumbled on while browsing Closet Cooking. I may or may not be obsessed with food blogs. 

I want these to wear with dresses in spring. Why are the size 10s sold out in creme. They also come in black but the creme is so dainty and the spikes make them seem all badass. Ahhhhhh.

And because I can't resist a good pun, I want to buy this and all the other stuff from this lovely Etsy shop - think faux taxidermy, cast iron, ceramics and paper products.

For those celebrating - have a happy and safe Easter this Sunday! For those not celebrating, enjoy the long weekend and discount chocolate come Monday morning.

Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Oh God, now I really want to try the zucchini noodles. Where is my julienne peeler?!

    ReplyDelete